Saturday, October 13, 2012

THE ARROGANCE OF MR. KOBE BEAN BRYANT

I know there are countless fans of Kobe Bryant throughout the world. In my opinion, Kobe Bryant will go down as the second best two guard in NBA history.The major flaw that I never understood about Bryant is his extreme level of arrogance towards people who aren't as good as him. I read an article that talked about Bryant blasting his former teammate named William "Smush" Parker. He told reporters that Parker didn't deserve to be in the NBA. He basically described Parker as a complete scrub by saying " He shouldn't have been in the NBA, but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. We let him walk on." What kind of statement is that? The level of arrogance he displays is sickening. I will vouch for Smush Parker because he wasn't as bad as Bryant is leading people to believe. In the 2005-06 season Parker averaged 11.5 points and 3.7 assist per game as the starting point guard. In my opinion, these were good numbers compared to any other point guard that's started along side Bryant. Parker followed up the next season with averages of 11.1 points and 2.8 assist per game. Again, these are not All-Star caliber stats, but they aren't as pathetic as Kobe Bryant's dissection of Parker's game. I bet Kobe would be very offended if everyone called him out on his performance in the 05 playoffs when he literally quit on his team in the Phoenix series. He acted like a spoiled brat because he felt he didn't have the guys around him to win. I say he punked out by taking that route to get what he wanted. After the series was over, Jerry West orchestrated a joke of a deal to get Pau Gasol in a Laker uniform. After the move, the Lakers went back to their winning ways. The point of this article is to shine some light on the man who wants to be the duplicate of Micheal Jordan. In Bryant's earlier years as a pro, it would be evident who he emulated his game after. The man wanted to be Jordan so bad that he had Jordan's mannerisms down pact. Every dunk he made, his tongue was wagging, every big shot his fist was held up. I will never forget the worst of all, was the time ESPN did a side by side of Jordan and Bryant walking. Yes indeed, the dude even walked like Mike, now how pathetic is that. Kobe wants to be Mike so bad that I believe he will do whatever it takes to win that 6th championship. Even if he gets it, he will never be as great as Jordan because when its all said and done Jordan 6-0 in the NBA Finals with 6 MVPS. Sorry KOBE

Look at the similarities.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment